31 March 2012

Understanding the cursed item - No more AdSense

CC BY 2.0 - Victor Bezrukov - Flickr

Something that goes far back in role playing gamers minds, why were there really -1 cursed swords out there?  Did they not read the package when they picked it up at the local WeaponMart?  Reality is, they seem beneficial and functional, and promise of slaying beasts just like their non cursed counterparts, yet they get in the way at the most inopportune moments.  Not obviously, but subtly.  Back in the day -1 meant 5%.  

Well, I've sat and debated long and hard about where +5 Gear is going.  Most of the ads I've seen displayed are not of good quality or really even relevant to what this site is about, so I'm pulling em, they seem to be eating up 5% uselessly on the site.  I will possibly go with a little bit of an ad or two, but with places I shop with, would happily recommend in personal conversation, and can feel confident showing others.  I want this site to be about what you, the reader can get out of what I'm posting, not just about paying for the operational costs with nickels and dimes.

At least the ads haven't been for sex change hormones like my first attempt at a personal blog.  That said, stay tuned, this blog will be in for some changes soon.  



No comments: