26 March 2012

Shameless Plug - Cheap Roku 2 XS


I really hate to post a direct link to advertise something for a product without a personal twist to it.  I'm keeping this to when I find some really great deal...

Seems today (26 March 2012) only Amazon's pushing the Roku 2 XS 1080p Streaming Player for only ~$80.



That's for their top of the line box.  Same one I own, and I've been rather pleased so far.  Game apps are a little on the pricey side, and there's a few channels that expect you to subscribe to show their content, but there's more than enough free content to make this worthwhile.  It's compatable with Netflix, AND Amazon Instant Video, as well as Pandora and Shoutcast.  For anime addicts out there, Crunchyroll is there...  For us brainy people there's TED and C|Net...  Alex Jones and Glenn Beck... well....  yeah... ok... not my pick but you might like that sort...  tons of religious content, and my personal favorite Russian Tv...  just because.   Khan Academy for lots of educational stuff...  AND it can play mp3's from a USB source.  MP4 and MKV as well...    

Personally I bought this only because I cant afford a home theater PC...  but i'm not feeling like i'm missing much.  Also, for those of you concerned with compatibility with an older tv, it's got a cable for RCA jacks, not just HDMI.  

That said... even if it's not 100% of what you want, it's not like you've lost out at $80.  or even it's usual ~$96 ish.  



No comments: