11 March 2012

New Site!

Greetings!

So begins my new blog, plusfivegear.com.  My intent is to talk about "stuff" be it gear, places, businesses, experiences, and other like subjects, so my readers might be a little more educated in some of the stuff out there.  If you have requests, feel free to email them to me!

In my role as a consumer, I've found too many videos and sites that simply regurgitate things and give the obvious boring same old information that anyone could get off of a web site.  Instead I'd like to give as much detail as I find as well as my opinions on it from my perspective.  I may not be right, you may not agree with me, but at least I'll give you this man's take on things in this man's world so YOU can make better decisions about what you choose to own, consume, contribute to, or sell your soul to.


My motivation?  I once found myself listening in on a conversation going on in front of the e-reader section in a Target store.  They had no idea what they wanted to buy, simply that they had a 5 year old son, and were planning on throwing a few hundred bucks and they wanted something improved over their son's iPod Touch.  They asked questions like "does the Kindle Fire work with itunes cards?" and "can i transfer my son's applications to the Kindle from his iPod?"  These folks were nice enough, very polite, however they were ready to throw hundreds of dollars at a retailer and had no idea what they were getting.  With the internet having come so far, there is no reason for people to not be able to make an educated decision about purchasing ANYTHING!  So here, I will contribute in my own very opinionated but also detailed way on what I find and how I feel about various tidbits of things you can buy out there, and services you can consume.

This site has a Feed, feel free to sign up there, and I'll see about the social media content soon enough.  Stay tuned!

No comments: